Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Our Own Cross to Bear.


I just learned that my 3-month old nephew (by my kuya - a first cousin) will undergo eye surgery. He was born pre-maturely and was in incubator for about a month.

We thought that he has gone past the critical stage when we saw him gaining weight.  But my uncle noticed that my nephew was not responding to sounds nor was not giving out signs that he can make out the figures placed before his eyes.

A trip to the pediatrician confirmed that our little boy has impaired vision. 

I can feel for my nephew's family because my late father had been visually impaired.  It takes a lot of courage and unwavering faith to accept the Lord's wishes.

Our prayers and fervent hopes remain with my nephew and his family in this trying times.

No comments:

Post a Comment