Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Burning Bush.


The sun was out and it was truly a fine day to go swimming. Since my niece likes to waddle much in water, we decided to bring her to club manila east for a swim.

We spent the entire day under the sun and had tons of fun.  It was almost half past five when we reached home. I immediately noticed the thick smoke coming from the back of the houses across ours.  Judging from the thick smoke, I knew right away that it was not the usual "siga."  I tried the guardhouse phone but no one's answering.  It was then that I decided to call the nearest fire station.

True enough, the blaze continued to rise and had engulfed everything on its path. My neighbors living across were in panic state and there was little I can do to appease them. 

At long last, we heard sirens blaring! There were three fire trucks which came to our aid.  It was only when the blaze was finally put out that my neighbors calmed down and stopped crying. 

No one was able to give a clear recount of how the fire started.  They claimed that they saw a man lighting up the dried grass and thought that it was just our other neighbor clearing up the vacant lot.  Later did we find out that the neighbor they thought who was clearing the lot was out the entire day.  The true “culprit” will forever remain a mystery to us all.

I am proud of how my sister and I reacted to the incident.  Our quick thinking has probably saved us all and properties from being gutted down by the fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment