Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Case of Bad Headache.


Anxiety is getting the better of me since yesterday.  The persistent headache I have been having for sometime now has led to me to consult with a neurologist.  Fortunately, work was a bit down yesterday so I was able to leave early for Makati Medical Center.

The neurologist was very thorough with the preliminary examinations and was very patient in answering my questions.  She noticed though, that my right hearing is not as sharp as my left.  I was advised to have a MRI to rule out the possibilities of a stroke.  My genetic make up is not that ideal, with hypertension and brain stroke in the list.

The MRI procedure itself was not uncomfortable, save for the IV inserted at the back of my elbow.  I was even expecting worst, since most of my colleagues who have undergone MRI were telling me that the machine made them claustrophobic and the level of noise—seemingly endless banging of hard objects, was unbearable.  Fortunately, it was the opposite for me.

I think what’s more taxing is the time I’ll spent thinking (and worrying) over the result of my MRI.

I am hopeful that the results will be favorable.  Nothing can come between me and my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment