Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Deep Sense of Deja Vu.


It's scorching hot outside. Summer has indeed arrived.  I would prefer to be indoors at this weather but I have to be somewhere else. 

On my way to my destination, I saw a group of three going down the flights of stairs at the ayala-buendia underpass.  Their gait looks familiar because the girl's companions were hanging on either side of her shoulders.  Even at about 30ft from where I stand, I know that the girl's companions are visually impaired.  when we were about to pass by each other, I smiled fondly at the girl because I suddenly saw myself in her, protectively  holding on and guiding my late father's steps. 

Yes, my late father had lost most of his eyesight when I was 10 years old and had relied on my siblings when his condition worsened.

I was once like the girl I saw and was never, ever embarrassed nor felt inconvenienced by my father's condition. I was proud to hold the hands of a very loving man and very grateful to have been given the chance to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment