Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

the soundtrack of my life.

i would say that it varies in the different stages of my life. the soundtrack is a reflection a complex me over the years.

it will always be eraserheads and rivermaya singing in my head whenever i think of my high school days and friends. definitely, it was a “troubled” time in search of my individuality and close affinity with true friends.  little did i know that these bands’ music will be the soundtrack of my youth, of the times i will always go back to and of friends who i have deep and lasting relationships with.  had i not value the precious time i was allowed for hanging out, i wouldn’t dare sneak out during lunchtime to a friend’s house just to watch eraserheads or rivermaya on ‘sang lingo nApo sila!  that was me, 17 years ago.

the years that followed seemed too rosy to be true.  the soundtrack sounded cheesier each day as i floated in air and felt the excitement of dating and courtship.  i mean, there’s no better time to be cheesy and play cheeky songs endlessly than those days.  i rest my case.

but eventually, things settle and reality sets in.  i suddenly found myself in the midst of the working force, trying to find my way up or across, like in my case.  there was suddenly no music in the background.  just a nagging buzz of unending to-do lists and sometimes unrealistic goals i chose to have. 

when i found my balance, music did play again.  this time, the sound is more me. i absolutely have no regard and sensitivity to others’ disliking of those in my playlist.  how could i when it’s only me hearing air supply, abba, englebert humperdinck, backstreet boys, lady gaga, byonce, greenday, peryodiko, among others, playing over and over.  thank God for ipod! 

i presently have a conscious effort to know and embrace pop music though sometimes i felt no substance in it.  i need to be in-the-know to be a lot cooler that i already am. well, that’s what these bagets friends of mine say.  ergo, tuning to a pop radio station is a must.  has it grown on me?  what has—the pop music or the radio station? neither!

No comments:

Post a Comment