Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

my love affair with notebooks.

even at this age and time, i still prefer a notebook and pen over ms word or wordperfect.  i cannot recall how this love affair started but for the longest time, i’ve maintained a good number of notebooks containing scribbles on random thoughts, to-do lists, budgets, reminders and what-have-you.

it’s not something i was consciously doing before, but it became a part of me when i started college and was sort of living on my own.  whenever i filled an entire notebook, i felt exhilarated. it is as if i’ve preserved memories in a time capsule.  though in my teens, my notebooks usually contained dear-diary entries which ended up being read so i didn’t bother keeping them anyway. looking back, it would still have been nice to have kept those.

it could be just a habit or even a quirk, but as my law professor would tell the class, contracts (or just about anything that’s written down) aids human memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment