Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Champorado Todo-todo!

Champorado is my younger sister’s comfort food.  She has the same reverence to this dish as I to my chicken sopas.  Here’s my mother’s Champorado recipe.

Ingredients:
1/8 kilo of Malagkit (Glutinous Rice)
¼ cup of washed sugar
4 tablespoons of Hershey’s cocoa mix
1 can Evaporated Milk

Preparation:
·        Dissolve the Hershey’s cocoa mix in 1 part water. Set aside.

Directions:
·        Place the malagkit (glutinous rice) in 1 Litre boiling water. Simmer until the malagkit becomes almost tender;
·        Add the Hershey’s cocoa mix.  Cover and simmer until the malagkit is cooked;
·        Add the sugar then bring to a boil;
·        Turn off heat;
·        Serve with swirls of evaporated milk on top

My sister likes her champorado best when it’s chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment