Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Behind the Scenes…


Our home has been filled with hearty laughter from me, my mother, and my sister, ever since I started writing about my mother’s recipes.  I didn’t know that it will be this fun considering that she was a bit hesitant to have her recipes “documented” and shared over the internet.

My mother starts dictating her recipes in Tagalog but ends up doing it in English when I explained that my blogs might be read by foreigners who are interested in Filipino dishes!  Of course, there are a lot of cooking techniques she has mentioned that have no direct translations in English and that she has insisted on being included.  Knowing my mother, had she been handy with a computer, she would have grabbed mine in an instant to do the writing herself!  Fortunately there’s my younger sister who provided translation in the most flavourful and tasteful way.

My mother is in a kind-of-roll now and wants to share more of her kept recipes.  I hope my writing renders justice to the passion my mother has for each of her dishes. 

PS. My mother will be most happy to hear your comments and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment