Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10: happy birthday kuya!

this entry is a birthday tribute of sort to the best brother i could ever have.  we were born 4 years apart.  we share the same birth sign and have been on each other’s good side ever since we were kids.

my kuya has always been  mature for his age.  our parents brought us all up to be like that, but he’s unusually responsible even when he was young.  he’s a favourite among my uncles and aunts.  my maternal grandmother, nanay alos, wouldn’t let him out of her side and him, likewise.  my kuya is this special because he simply is.  we are not biological siblings but we never felt otherwise.  we even look the same, mind you!

my late father had said numerous times how lucky he was to have been blessed with a son, like him.  in fact, he couldn’t ask for anybody else.  kuya has our father’s patience and perseverance while he shares our mother’s unfailing will and determination.  my kuya has taken on most of my papa’s roles when the latter’s eyesight deteriorated. he has grown more wise and strong over the numerous trials, challenges and blessings our family has gone through.

thus, it took us some time before we have accepted his decision to finally have a family of his own.  little did we know that this will bring enormous joy to the entire family, especially to my parents.

my kuya tab has continued to live by my parents’ upbringing and life-learned lessons.  my niece is always reminded of her lolo and lola’s teachings because these made us who are now.

i salute this man, i call my kuya. to more wonderful and blessed years ahead, happy, happy birthday, my dear kuya tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment