Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

i turn 31 on 30.

woahhh! that’s a little gutsy for me since i’m so coy when it comes to the number game.  i do not hide my age but certainly do not volunteer the information. it’s the mystery that we, women, will forever keep.

as days draw near, i am hopeful for something extraordinary to happen. a nice surprise perhaps.  it doesn’t matter who it will come from.  but knowing the people around me, i always get the surprise of not having a surprise nearly year after year!  not complaining, just stating a fact. a known fact.

better yet, i should think of my agenda for my special day. what worthy thoughts i should be having in preparation for a year of more blessings and triumphs.  i think i have accomplished quite a few over the years and am truly proud of those.  but i will allow myself to become pensive and nostalgic this year as this will be my first without my father.  this, they say, is one of the “firsts” that a person has to endure with the passing on of a beloved.  i’m slowly preparing myself for the sudden plummet of my usually high spirits, the pang of loneliness and longing and for the what-ifs running on my thoughts.

nevertheless, i vow to make my birthday a special one as i mark another glorious year of being me.  salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment