Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

the basics of writing.

do you find my writing a little bit stiff?  my sister even commented that it’s impersonal.  perhaps i’m always too conscious of my grammar and writing style.

i envy my friend abie who writes incredibly fast and still maintains the lightness of each of her stories.  she can write as many as 10 entries a day with each entry as interesting as the other.  it makes me wonder if i can possibly achieve that speed! lol!

when my sister brought out all her books on grammar and composition writing, i suddenly realized that brushing up my writing skills is not a bad idea!

to get the ball rolling, i’ve listed a number of topics to work on.  i aim to write as fast and interesting as i could.  i hope not to worry too much of my sentence construction as i know it makes my entries stiff and impersonal.  i want to keep the adrenaline pumping and my creative juices working freely. 

i hope to get results as i write more.  there’s just a lot going on around me that it will be a waste not to develop good stories about those.


No comments:

Post a Comment