Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Obama on Osama


The office scene was suddenly put to a halt when we learned that USA has finally toppled bin laden. With so many going ons around the world today, the royal wedding, the beatification of pope john paul II, the national elections in canada, and the death of gadaffi's son and grandson, I was at loss for words when I heard that bin laden was killed.

All I was able to utter was that america is finally vindicated.  Me and my canadian boss were discussing office matters in his room when obama's speech was aired around 11.45am, manila time.

My boss commented that obama is surprisingly eloquent despite the short time he had to prepare for this address. I told him in reply, that this one is heartfelt may be that's why it flowed smoothly.

The USD value may rise as a result of this "good" news but the world should be wary of possible retaliation from extremist. I hope to God, not.

It might have taken america 10years to eradicate the perpetrator of the mass killings on 9-11n but it is nevertheless sweet. As justice is served, I hope that the world will hopefully attain peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment